no character on tv will ever be as magical as the janitor
This post has been featured on a 1000notes.com blog.
I’m not afraid of dying. Pieces of me die all the time.
Stoneware Benefits 101
Okay I got this question the other day about my thoughts on stoneware form one of my lovely followers!!!
I thought it was a great question considering some of us might be ready to step up our game in the kitchen right?
I mean you’ve been following me for awhile now and have tried many of the recipes. Maybe this can be your next big move in the kitchen!?
Well here are some of my personal thoughts about upgrading to stoneware. Please share your comments/tips/advice publicly on this post (below)
Benefits of buying stoneware:
- Serving/presentation - Straight from the oven you can serve them in the same container (the stoneware). They’re really pretty so no need to transfer them into something ‘presentable’! Big plus!
- Re-heating - you can re-heat pies in the stoneware, very convenient. Less stuff to clean and less clutter :)
- Heats evenly - As far as baking goes glass and aluminum pies can be a bit unpredictable with stoneware crust are not soggy and are crisp and flakey.
- Save Money on pre-made pie crusts - In the long run you’ll save money from having to buy disposable crust pans!
- Keeps US away from pre-made crusts- C’mon….DIY…. pie crusts are easy to make so this will help us stay clear from pre-made supermarket crusts!
- Dishwasher safe - MOST not all are dishwasher safe, freezer safe, microwave safe, fridge safe. I mean that is really awesome… Think of all the possible uses…
- Depending on how much you bake it will save you money in the long run… IF you dont bake often this might not be a good purchase. But if you do, it’s a good long term investment
- Can match your china! They have them in colors and designs. Really pretty stoneware can be purchased to match the kitchenware you already have!
- Glass vs Ceramic – glass can bake unevenly, not as durable.
- Ceramic/stoneware you can hand it down to your family member from generation to generation. They last FOREVER!
- Food stays hotter for a longer period of time after leaving oven
- Easier to clean (enameled surfaces)
- Good for both pies/cakes and other sweet treats but also good for casseroles and other savory foods.
- Most are Chip, scratch, stain resistant
- Won’t absorb orders/flavors
- You can personalize them (name, brand etc). I have an example link below.
These are links for you to check out: